Bethesda Historical Society

Heritage Trail Maps

Downtown Bethesda

Bethesda-Map.jpg

C&P Telephone Building at 6925 Wisconsin Avenue

Opened in 1928 to serve nearly 3,000 customers, the C&P Telephone Building was substantially enlarged in 1940 when the number of telephones jumped to almost 12,000. The facade is made from Stoneyhurst mica schist which came to be used for much of downtown Bethesda. Click below for more information.

C&P Telephone Building

C&P Telephone Building at 6925 Wisconsin Avenue

Opened in 1928 to serve nearly 3,000 customers, the C&P Telephone Building was substantially enlarged in 1940 when the number of telephones jumped to almost 12,000. The facade is made from Stoneyhurst mica schist which came to be used for much of downtown Bethesda. Click below for more information.

C&P Telephone Building

The Little Tavern at 8100 Wisconsin Avenue

Pumphrey-Old Stone Tavern at 7557 Wisconsin Avenue

Hiser Theater at 7414 Wisconsin Avenue

Wilson Store aka Community Store now at 4538 Middleton Lane

Darcys Store in the mid-7200 block of Wisconsin Avenue

St. John's Episcopal Church at 6701 Wisconsin Avenue

Bethesda Presbyterian Church at 7611 Clarendon Road

Outer Bethesda

BHS outer Bethesda map

Bethesda Naval Hospital on Rockville Pike

Walter Johnson House at 9100 Old Georgetown Road

Riley-Bolton House at 11420 Old Georgetown Road

Suburban Hospital at 8600 Old Georgetown Road