Bethesda Historical Society

test hotspot

Bethesda Map

St John's Episcopal Church

The first church in downtown Bethesda, St. John’s Episcopal dates to 1873; the current building dates to 1914, after the original wood frame structure was destroyed by fire.

Click here for more information

Bethesda Presbyterian Church at 7611 Clarendon Road

Bethesda Presbyterian Church is “the church that named Bethesda.” The current structure has been the church’s home for almost 100 years, but the congregation served southern Montgomery County at two other locations beginning in the 1720’s.

Click here for more information